Oscar H Gutierrez Bio
Oscar received his B.S. in Civil Engineering from Loyola Marymount University in 1972. He then went on to obtain his Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California Law School in 1975. Oscar worked for the Los Angeles Center for Law & Justice from 1977 to 1981. There, he was promoted to Director. As Director of personnel, Oscar supervised over 50 employees in the main office plus three field offices. While there, Oscar litigated case loads involving administrative hearings, and impact litigation. He also drafted proposals and budget for funding and handled public relations with the Mayor’s office, City Council, and HUD, and made several media appearances including the radio, newspaper, and television.
In 1982 Oscar and his brother Francisco founded the law firm GUTIERREZ & GUTIERREZ where he represented clients in matters of personal injury, real estate and other cases, garnering his efforts in order to help out the Hispanic community.
Oscar branched out and became a sole practitioner in 1999 upon founding the LAW OFFICES OF OSCAR H. GUTIERREZ. Here, he represents clients and handles issues affecting the Hispanic Community primarily in personal injury, real estate, criminal and civil rights.
– Loyola Marymount University, B.S. Civil Engineering (1972)
– University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Juris Doctor (1975)
– California (1976)
– Florida (1976 – Licensed but inactive)
– California (1976)
– United States District Court, Central District of California (1977)
– Prociacion de Periodistas Latinos de California (APLC)
– Legal Counsel USC Latino Parent Association
– Mexican-American Bar Association – Vice President, Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Trustee
– City Attorney of Los Angeles
– Criminal Justice Panel
– Advisor to City Attorney James K. Hahn East Los Angeles Municipal Court
– Judge Pro-Tem
– East Los Angeles Interagency Coalition Government Relations Unit
– Former Chairman Latino Justice Center – Board of Directors
Television: Spanish channels 22, 34, 52, and 62
English Channels 2, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13
Radio: Debated current issues, gave legal opinion on their impact on the public and answered callers’ legal questions in various Spanish radio programs